Monday, February 9, 2015

Record Snowfall

Answers to your questions:
1. My companion's name is Elder Bodine and he's from Yuma Arizona. This is his last transfer in the field then he's going home at the end of it.
2. Our apartment is good sized, and it's just my companion and I. The apartment is just a bit smaller than the Naniloa Loop house.
3.I'd have to say that the area I'm serving in currently is a suburban urban mix, but it mostly depends on the city we're in for the day. Some people have accents but not too harsh, and usually fairly easy to understand. I have no idea how close I am to the ocean, because of the hilly terrain and all that, but supposedly it's around 50 miles away. The lakes and rivers are all frozen solid with at least a foot and a half of snow in places.
4. My clothes are holding up pretty well so far. I got a nice coat, and am still looking for boots. Just to let you know, One of the suit pants came undone at the some in the MTC. after closer inspection i discovered that only on the one pair, the thread had been replaced halfway through the seam, and hadn't been tied off. My companion in the MTC noticed, and the repair wasn't too hard, so I did it by hand. Also, Cuffed pants were a mistake. I've had to walk through deeper snow with them on, and they just collect it like non other. I think i'm going to try to find a seamstress to switch them to straight on the bottom.
5. All day, we do what we can to find new investigators. We go through old former records, and tract, and give service. We just do what we can to get people to talk to us.

So, just to let you know, the snowbanks at the church are around 8 feet in height, pretty sick really. Supposedly in the past 3 weeks, the maritimes have had around 173 centimeters of snow, which is a record for canada apparently. From St. John, (the next area closest to us), they've had to declare a state of emergency, and have shipped out about 14,000 loads of snow, and I don't mean small trucks, I mean semis loaded up as high as they can with snow (it's just water). We've only taught a few lessons this week, but most that have been set up have fallen through, but I know that as long as we're trying our hardest, we'll find some investigators. Well that's all I have for now. I have no big questions for you, so just keep them coming.

Here's some pictures:










No comments:

Post a Comment