Monday, December 14, 2015

Death by GPS

First storm is supposed to come in tomorrow or today sometime, so Winter is Coming, even though it's already been here for a while.

Bathurst is fun, the members are great,and the mission is great. Found out last week that the vehicle I was in the crash in got written off... First write off was a church vehicle... Thank goodness I wasn't at fault, though I now feel really bad for the girl who was, I'm fairly certain her car was as well. Hopefully she's back to driving soon if she isn't already.
Also, the GPS tried to kill us the other day. We were trying to get to a members house, and it wanted us to turn off of the overpass onto the road 20 feet below. Good thing I only use it as suggestions, and it's starting to get sassy with me. If I don't do what it says, sometimes it'll freeze, and then I'll need to restart it. It still works though, so I'll try to update it, and see if that helps.
We got a new investigator this week, don't ask me to pronounce his name, but it's spelled Reneud Pauemeni, and he's French, but we gave him a French BOM, and Resto. pamphlet. He's a college student from Camaroon, Africa, currently attending college here. He has a knowledge of God, and wants to increase that knowledge however he can.
We also had a Branch Christmas party which was a lot of fun. THe Branch here is very talented, and most people participated in performing for the Christmas talent thing we did. Lots of food, and lots of leftovers, which mostly went to us. WE should be set for sweets for the next few weeks, as long as they don't go bad first.

That's all I have for this week. Hope you have a great week! Love you!
Elder Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment