Monday, June 8, 2015

My First Branch Ever

This week has been pretty good, although it was transfer week, so we weren't able to get a lot done. It's been a ggod week though. The apartment doesn't have laundry, which sucks:( and now I'll actually have to buy groceries because not a lot of people feed us here, although, who knows that may change while i'm here. Also, I'm in my first branch ever, there were maybe 60 members at church, which is weird. I actually like it though looking out and seeing very few people. There are enough peolpe here for it to be a ward, just not enough are active, so we'll be working on the less actives and the inactives a lot. The area is still pretty good size, and of course we have a car which is a 2013 Subaru Impreza, which is way better than the Chevy Cruze for sure. Surprising news though, one of the mission cars that came up from maine, is unable to cross the border back for reasons unknown, so the biggest area in the mission is now a biking area. It'll be interesting to hear what happens with that situation and how they get it all solved. Also, I've fixed the church laptop at least 5 times now since I got here. There's always a DNS server problem which is an easy fix but it constantly undoes itself. If you happen to know anything that can fix this, then let me know so I can fix it permanently.
The type of ties you make don't really matter, just go with whatever you think that i'd like. I found out that they do actually have butterfingers here. They don't have Heath bars though, no ones even heard of them here. Could you actually send a big bag of fruity pebbles, they don't have them here, and I forgot to have some of the maine guys get some for me before transfers. They absolutely do not have those here. I'll also send some of the candy bars they have here that you can't get in the states to see how that goes. There is also no Baskin Robins here, and most US gift Cards don't work in Canada anyways, so you'll have to use that for yourself :).
Did you ever find the hammock, or did you have no luck with that? If the rooms were thouroughly cleaned then I imagine you might've found a few more things though that I forgot about. Did you find my wallet that I lost last summer?

Fun little thought that my companion and I did yesterday, We tried all that we could to disprove the book of mormon with scriptures from all works. It obviously didn't work, and the bible definitely supports the book of mormon in all points. If someon tries to disprove the book of mormon, with the bible, it can't be done, or with any works for the matter unless they are actually false. There was a guy in New Glasgow who ONLY studied the bible, and found that the LDS church is the only one that has everything and he's actually planning on getting baptized before going back to his country, (Ukraine) so he can teach others, and practice the correct religion.

That's all that I have until next week,
Mahal Kita!
Elder Dooley

P.S. My companion speaks tagolag btw

No comments:

Post a Comment