Monday, June 1, 2015

Strive Towards Christ

Well, I don't have much to say this week other than I'm getting transfered. I'll be going to Truro, NS which is at the very tip of the Bay of Fundy. I'll really get to see the tide change now! I'll be working with Elder Belmonte, who is from the Phillipines, and had to learn english to serve here, so who knows, maybe i'll be among the few that can understand him! That's all that has really happened this week, other than lots of dinner appointments. I'll go from being fed all the time, to being fed only part of the time. I am looking forward to it though, epecially because of the way this ward kind of took me in when I got here. I didn't really have very missionary minded trainers, but the ward helped me out big time to adjust, and to still work hard. It feels like i'll be leaving my home ward again. I really hope that I'm able to come back to this area, not to be fed, but to be able to continue to serve the people.
A scripture that i've been sharing recently with those we meet is Helaman 5:12 which talks about having a foundation built upon Christ and being able to withstand all that satan throws at us. I know that without Christ, we would have no life after death, and we would not be able to experience eternal families. Build your foundation upon Christ, and you can accomplish all things.
I hope you all are having a great week, and continue to strive towards Christ!
Love, Elder Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment