Monday, March 23, 2015

Crazy Stuff Going On

Well, I have some good news for you! I finally got the pictures! turns out, they were actually with the St. John missionaries in a box of stuff that president Leavitt left there. Also, The new mission president is James Ray Pratt, and Debra Susan Moss Pratt, They're from Florida, and you can probably look up more on them than I can. Cora, I would never jump into Lava, even if I was freezing, rather, i'd sit near enough to feel the heat and warm up, but then again, i'd have to deal with toxic fumes. Afton, I will not lose any toes, nor will I get even close to it, even though the cheap boots I bought have already broken on the side, so i'll be getting some better, not quite as cheap boots soon. Kirkham, Have fun at Model UN, and don't forget to make alliances with other countries for support of your bill, And don't do anything to crazy. Mom, I would say that you should definitely go ahead and get more schooling if that's what you want to do, I would just advise to do what you think and what you feel you should do. We are commanded to gain as much knowledge as we can in this world, because other than family, that is the only thing that you can take with you. If you feel impressed that it is the right thing to do, then go for it. Just remember, that I want to come back to Hawaii, so don't go moving anytime soon. And if you do, at least find out some way for me to get the truck when I go back to continue College.

You asked why I wanted to go to Newfoundland. Well, It's an amazing place, with moose, cod, seal, and icebergs. It is a land of mystery and wonder, and the food is mostly moose, cod, and seal from what i've heard. They drive Chevy Sierras up there, and i'm already sick of Driving our tiny little helpless chevy Cruze. Elder Cox has not been there, but he wants to go. Apparently, they've had about double the amount of snow that we've had, and it just seems like a place that I want to go.

Everything has been going great so far this week. It has been kind of crazy though. We've been  traveling a lot because my companion needed to go to a training meeting, we took our car into the shop because my last companion damage the bumper, and we expected to get it back the next day, only to find out that it was going to be in the shop for a few days, which caused us to miss a dinner appointment, and made us walk everywhere in Hampton. Then, we had to go to a Stake Conference in Fredericton where we listened to Elder Larry Y. Wilson speak who is a member of the quorum of the seventy. It was a nice meeting, and it was nice to hear a general authority speak. Also, while in fredericton, there were 10 elders staying in an apartment that is about 1/2 the size of our house. Kind of crazy, but somehow, we were all asleep before 10:30. Also, yesterday, while I was backing my companion out of a drive way, this lady stopped, and thought that my name was Sam, then talked about how she was taking her daughter to a friends house, and how her daughter is about my age, and how when we were little, her daughter and I apparently played in the ball pit at McDonalds together, and she introduced me to her daughter, then she drove off, saying she had to go. It was weird, and just plain out confusing. I'm sure it didn't help that the car smelled like stale liquor and cigarettes. Hopefully, I don't have anything weirder than that happen, although i'm sure it will. Also, earlier this week, we texted some lady, just asking how she was doing and she went on this rant (over text) about how she is herself, we're the LDS, our teachings are flawed and do not represent her who is the mother of all. For some reason, she thinks that she is mother Earth! I guess this week was really crazy now that I look at it. Also, we got a new investigator this week. He wanted a Book of Mormon, felt like he needed to turn his life around. We have a meeting set up with him this next week at Tim Horton's ( Canada's equivalent of Starbuck's, except it's cheaper). One last thing is that I ate moose this week, and it is absolutely delicious.

well, that's all that I have for now!

Love you all, and stay warm!

Elder Dooley

Also, for some reason all pictures are to big to send in email. i'll get them to you somehow though
And expect a package with at least some maple syrup in it sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment