Monday, March 16, 2015

New Comp

Dear family, I will start by addressing those who emailed me.

Dear Grandma Jewel,

I had no idea that I am the first great-grandchild to go on a mission. I hope that you are doing well, and that you have the spirit of youth with you! I love you  and I have a question for you. Are there any stories that you have or that your parents had that I can write down? In the mission we are doing family history booklets, and a part of them is to keep track of stories from your ancestors. Whatever you have will be great! I love you Grandma!

Dear Afton,

Tell everyone that I am cold at times, and freezing, but I am trying to fully immerse myself in the work of Heavenly Father, and that brings comfort to me, and It will bring blessings. In other words, I am working for the Lord, and when you're working for the Lord, how can you not be doing good? I like my new companion, he is not annoying whatsoever, and is easy to get along with! Also, we had a new investigator earlier this week, but then she dropped us :( I appreciate your Scriptures!

Dear Kirkham,

The only bit of advice I have for you regarding Prom is to mak sure that you are having a good time. I expect pictures, especially because you almost would never wear suits before. Also, If mom and dad allow, I dare you to grow out your hair the entire time I am gone. (except facial hair, keep that down). Also, right now you must always be mission minded. In a few years you could be out here, and remember to not do anything that you'll regret later.

Dear Cora,

It's not too cold here to lock the car. We almost always lock the car to stay safe. Also, if it's -40 outside, then we'd have to worry about our car freezing, otherwise it should be fine. Keep on learning, and I miss you sssssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo Much, but you'll have to keeping missing me for 22 more months :)

Dear everyone,

The mission has been good to me. My first companion went home, I got my next companion Elder Cox, and I stayed in the same area. Elder Cox is from Mapleton, Utah which is about 15 minutes away from the MTC. I am not the designated driver anymore, but that's just because my companion can drive.

It hasn't been too cold, and we've been working as hard as we can. We had another storm yesterday, and because of it, church was cancelled. We got a new investigator this week, but then we lost her :( She says she's not quite ready for the commitment, but we'll keep trying to work on her. Other than that I don't have much news. I'm trying my best to stop gaining weight, and the mission has an exercise program where if i'm really determined, I should lose weight, and maybe gain muscle, but probably not.

I still haven't gotten those pictures you sent, but I will for sure let you know when I do. The maritimes are a fun place to be, and I definitely am loving my mission so far. I really want to go to Newfoundland, but maybe I'll end up there someday. Well, that's all I have for now. Congratulations on the play mom, and I hope everyone is doing amazing! Gotta go and do missionary work!(well, after food and a few other things, it is p-day after all).


Love you all,
Elder Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment