Monday, August 31, 2015

Doug Jones: A Joyful Man

Not much has really been happening here. It's been a good week, nothing to complain about, but nothing really to tell you about either. The days are already beginning to get a bit colder. From what I've heard, we're supposed to get a harder winter than the last, Hopefully it's not as long though. I just hope we get a nice fall as well. From what I've heard, that's the best time to be out here. Yesterday we went out to Tatamagouche, which is about an hour away from here. We visited several members out there. One member is currently in the hospital out there. His name is Doug Jones, and he's 74. He's been in the hospital for most of the time I've been here, but he is such a great guy. He only has one leg now, although he may lose his other due to an infection in his heel. He's mostly blind, but that doesn't stop him from working with stone and making clocks, and belt buckles, as well as making bread. Yesterday while we were visiting he was actually joking about losing his "one good leg". He'll be in the hospital for another 3 months, but nonetheless, he is very faithful, and is willing to accept anything that the Lord sends his way. He's such a joyful man, with such extraordinary outlook and faith in his life. I hope that as I go through trials in life that I can be accepting as he is, and always try to brighten other's days on my darkest one's.
That's all I have for this week, and I look forward to hearing from you! Love you!
Elder Dooley

No comments:

Post a Comment