Monday, November 2, 2015

Sore

Afton,  Don't worry though, i'm not sore at all. The crash was more than a week ago, so i'm good now. I guess you did find something to do, so what were you for halloween? Get a lot of candy?

Cora, I am doing well, The car crash was very shocking, but no one was hurt, so not as shocking as it could have been. I did not hand out candy at halloween, though i'm sure that if someone came to our door, then we might have given them something. Not much is really happening here, just trying the best we can to stay busy and find someone to teach.

Kirkham, It sucks that you were sick for Halloween, sounds like what happened to me a few years ago. Hope you get better quickly, and maybe Afton and Cora will share with you.


Mom,
Before anything else, I want to wish you a day late happy birthday! I would've sent something, but I couldn't find the time to do much. Thank you for all that you have done for me and the support that you have given me. I'm not really sure where I would be without a Mom as great as you. Thank you for all you've done for me, and all you do to help everyone.
I have been doing well this week. There wasn't really much to recover from other than the initial shock of it, and that's it. I'm not driving yet, though for the first few days after the accident I was driving, so I should be good. I'll need to call the Vehicle coordinator about when I can start driving again. I think it might just be until fault is fully established, and damage is paid for. But from what we've heard the other driver is at fault, so I should be able to drive again fairly soon.

I have a book that i'll send home soon that's about the history of the church in the pacific and it has a section about Laie, so i'll send that home when I finish with it. It's pretty neat being able to learn more about the history of the church in different regions.

There is another verse in Deuteronomy that would actually be beneficial as well, when Aaron is no longer worthy of his calling, and his garments were stripped of him, and given to his son. Another way to think of this would actually have to do with the priesthood. We wear Garments to represent the priesthood in our lives, and to protect of us from the dangers of the world, so I think that the garments they wear as priests in the Old testament are in fact the garments of the priesthood, or the power of God. They didn't have the names for the priesthood then as we do today, so they were given symbols to learn from. My clothes for me provide protection from the cold and the wind, and when the weather gets worse, I wear heavier clothing that provides more protection. Another thing my clothes do for me is set me apart from the masses, and I am easily identifiable to everyone. I want to look dignified like I know what I'm doing,(don't really know what i'm doing though), so that people will listen to me and to what I have to say.  
That's all I have for this week, Love you, and stay safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment